Mrs. Niveditha A S (Assistant Professor)
Niveditha Acahndira S (M.Sc, B.Sc, ADFT), She has done her Graduation Degree on Fashion & Apparel Design and Masters Degree on Apparel Technology & Management. Pursuing Ph.D at Department of Apparel Technology & Management, Bangalore University. She is alumni of Army Institute of Fashion & Design, batch 2008-2011. She has done project on “Influence of Clothing Color on Human Behaviour”. She was former Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore.
At present she is Heading CAD & IT Department and Fashion Photography Department.
Under Academics, She handles the subjects Apparel Computer Aided Design, Fashion Illustration & Design, Fashion Art & Design and IT application in Fashion Industry for B.Sc FAD & M.Sc FAD curriculum of Bengaluru North University. Also expert in Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, and Gerber Software.
Under IT department, taken caring of complete digital activities of Institute, such as Digital Inventory, Software up gradation, Cyber Security and Institute website management.
Member with Board of Examination panel for Bangalore University & Bengaluru North University.
Faculty incharge for Girls Hotel which has capacity of 250 girl’s accommodation.
Cultural Incharge for coordinating with all Seminars, Conference, Annual events and various Intercollegiate, Sate & National level competitions.
• Presented a paper on “Artificial Intelligence in Fashion Business” at National Conference on “Innovative Management Practices towards Business Excellence” conducted by Bengaluru North University and Koshys Institute of Management Studies in association with IQAC on Nov 2019. And Awarded “Best Paper Presentation” for the same.
• Presented a paper on “Era of Unisex Clothing-in Fashion Retail” at GCU International Knowledge Transfer Conclave June 2018. And Awarded “Best Paper Presentation” for the same.
• Presented one day seminar on “Implementation of 3D Technology in Virtual Product Development” with association of Industry Interaction cell on 28th March 2017 for Apparel Design & Fabrication Technology, at JSS Polytechnic for Women, Mysore.
• Presented a paper on “Latest Technology of CAD & CAM in Apparel industry”, Impression 2017 - One Day National Conference on " Creative world of Fashion, Textiles and Technology " on 16th February 2017 organized by Dept of Fashion & Apparel Design, Garden city college, Bangalore.
• Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on “Innovative Methods in Classroom Teaching using Emotional Intelligence and Technology” organized jointly by AIHM& CT and AIFD.
• Participated at the National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Fashion and Apparel Industry” organized by Dept of Apparel Technology & Management Bangalore University and AIF in association with Shahi Exports Pvt Ltd. Bangalore.
• Participated in a seminar on “Fashion Forecast Spring Summer 2019” organized by AEPC Training & Productivity Cell in association with WGSN held at Bangalore on March 2018.
AIFD is situated in the permanent campus Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur post, Bangalore – 560077. Campus is well equipped with state of the art machineries in all the laboratories.
- CAD Lab
- IT Lab
- Quality Control Lab
- Basic Sewing Lab
- Advanced Sewing Lab
- Dyeing and Finishing Lab
- Visual Merchandising Lab
- Fashion Photography Lab