Mrs. Lavanya. S, Assistant Professor
Mrs. Lavanya. S, Assistant Professor Ms. Lavanya.S (M.Sc. , B.Sc.), has pursued masters in Apparel Technology and Management from Bangalore University after completing her graduation in Fashion & Apparel Designing from VHD Home Science college. She had done major project on “Application of pleats in layered frocks in kids wear”, “Application of Brazilian Traditional Embroidery on Indian Ethnic Wear” & “Application of Tie & Dye on Interior Textiles and Products”.
She had worked as a full time Assistant Professor in BCC and T JOHN College in Fashion and Design department Bangalore with a teaching experience of 3+ years for UG, and 5+ years’ experience in diploma teaching at weekend classes and worked as a designer in MJ Fashions and Interiors 7+ years. She is also working as crafts work and recycling Products tutor.
She has specialization in Garment Surface Ornamentation, Fashion Accessories, and Fashion Art & Design, Fabric Dyeing & Printing, Natural dyes, Fabric Weaving, Pattern making & Garment Construction, Fashion marketing, Entrepreneurship development, Boutique Management, Apparel quality management, Fashion fundamentals, Fashion Forecasting, Fashion Portfolio.
Presently she is working as an Asst Professor at the Army Institute of Fashion Design. Under Academics, She handles the subjects Export Trade & Documentation and Fashion Merchandising for M.Sc FAD curriculum of Bengaluru North University.
• She was working as a mentor and counsellor for the students
• 5s coordinator for the Department and institute worked.
• Worked as Coordinator for Unnth Bharat Abhiyan-2019
• Presented one day seminar on “Colour Psychology Impact in Designing the Garments for Clients” on November 2018, at Couturier Fashion Studio, Bangalore.
• Presented a National Seminar on “Importance of Garment Recycling” at “Vinscent” School of Fashion on November 2019.
• Conducted more than 60 workshops on Art and Craft Creativity and recycling products for School and College students, IT Sectors and Woman’s clubs from the year 2014
AIFD is situated in the permanent campus Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur post, Bangalore – 560077. Campus is well equipped with state of the art machineries in all the laboratories.
- CAD Lab
- IT Lab
- Quality Control Lab
- Basic Sewing Lab
- Advanced Sewing Lab
- Dyeing and Finishing Lab
- Visual Merchandising Lab
- Fashion Photography Lab